Specifically, it has been agreed that the objectives of the curriculum at Beeches Junior School shall be as follows:
- To acquire skills, knowledge and practical abilities and the will to use them.
- To develop qualities of mind, body, spirit, feeling and imagination.
- To appreciate human achievements in art, music, science, technology and literature.
- To acquire understanding of the social, economic and political order, and a reasoned set of attitudes, values and beliefs.
- To prepare for their adult lives at home, at work, at leisure, and at large, as consumers and citizens.
- To develop a sense of self-respect, the capacity to live as independent self-motivated adults and the ability to function as contributing members of co-operative groups.
- To ensure equal opportunities regardless of race, gender or disability.
For an overview of our Topic curriculum, please click here.
Have a look at our subject-specific pages for more information about each area.